- Delicious Rich Taste and are Moist Yet Crunchy
- With Skin On as Skin Contains 90% of the Phenols including key Phenolic Acids, Tannins, and Flavonoids
- Rich Source of Monounsaturated Fats, Protein, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Vitamin E and Good Source of Manganese, Copper, Molybdenum and the B vitamin Biotin
- Add to Your Favourite Salad or Yoghurt, Baking (Perfect for Brownies!), Porridge or Granola. Alternatively Team with our other Nuts, Seeds and Fruits in Homemade Snack Mixes
- 100% Unroasted Organic Walnuts with no Additives, Preservatives or Added Salt
Our organic walnut pieces have a delicious rich taste, are moist yet crunchy with an excellent nutritional profile.
Walnuts are a tree nut and are a rich source of monounsaturated fats and an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Unlike many walnuts our organic walnuts come with the skin on as the skin has been found to contain 90% of the phenols including key phenolic acids, tannins, and flavonoids. The flaky, waxy skin can be slightly bitter to taste which is why many recipes call for this to be removed. It is recommended eating with the skin for maximum walnut goodness.
As well as being rich in antioxidants, walnuts are also a very good source of manganese, copper, molybdenum, B vitamin biotin, calcium, chromium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, vanadium and zinc. They are also a good source of B vitamins and vitamin E.
Like most nuts, walnuts can be easily added to your diet. Add to your favourite salad or yoghurt. Make your own granola or porridge topping with our goji berries and chia. Try blending walnuts with our argan oil for a delicious vitamin E boost dip or folded into a classic waldorf salad. Alternatively just open the bag and snack!
100% Organic Walnuts
Contains nuts, may contain traces of milk, peanuts and soya
Typical values per 100g:
Total Fat(g) 68.5 of which saturates(g) 5.6, Carbohydrates(g) 3.3 of which sugars(g) 2.6, Fibre(g) 3.5, Protein(g) 14.7, Salt(g) <0.01
Country of Origin: India/EU/Moldova/Ukraine/ Bulgaria
For sample sizes and smaller packs of any of our bulk ingredients, head over to RealFoodSource.com where you can purchase all products in smaller sizes.