- Our High Quality Japanese Organic Pure Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tea Powder
- Matcha Green Tea is Grown in Shade for very High Chlorophyll Levels to ensure Maximum Amino Acids (in particular Theanine)
- Very High Levels of Antioxidants, Very High Levels Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG)
- 30% Protein and Equivalent to drinking 10 Cups Regular Green Tea
- Many Health Claims including Boosting Energy and Improving Matabolism
- Gluten, Dairy Free, Soy Free and Vegan
- Mix up with Hot Water or our Coconut Milk Powders for an Excellent Matcha Latte
Our high quality Japanese Organic Matcha Ceremonial Grade Tea Powder. Matcha Green Tea has been used in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies throughout time. It is made from 100% green tea leaves that have been grown in the shade to stimulate the growth of chlorophyll for maximum amino acids, in particular theanine which has many claimed health benefits. The leaves are dried in the sun and finely ground to a powder. The better qualities of matcha green tea powders are very high in antioxidants and by mixing into drinks and foods (rather than throwing away the leaves) you get maximum goodness from the powder. It is also a source of caffeine so is an alternative to coffee.
Matcha green tea has many claimed health benefits including boosting energy and metabolism and improving skin health. As ever, here at the RealFoodSource we always encourage customers to do their own research.
Mix 1g or more to your taste with hot water for tea or combine with our vegan coconut milk powders for an exceptional antioxidant boosting latte (using a frother whisk gives best results). Use water at around 80 degrees (5 minutes from boiling) and allow a few minutes for the tea to release all it’s goodness. It is also excellent in smoothies and shakes, we blend it up with our organic protein powders and freeze dried fruit powders for an antioxidant boosting protein shake.
100% Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder (Ceremonial Grade)
May contain traces of milk, nuts, peanuts and soya
Typical Values per 100g:
Energy 1375kJ/329 kcal
Fat(g) 4.7, of which saturates(g) 1.0, Carbohydrates(g) 27.5, of which sugars(g) 2.3, Fibre(g) 29.7, Protein(g) 29.3, Salt 0.0
Country of Origin: Japan
For sample sizes and smaller packs of any of our bulk ingredients, head over to RealFoodSource.com where you can purchase all products in smaller sizes.